What Is Brand Identity?
Brand identity is the visible elements of a brand, such as color, design, and logo, that identify and distinguish the brand in consumers’ minds. Brand identity is distinct from brand image. The former corresponds to the intent behind the branding and the way a company does the following—all to cultivate a certain image in consumers’ minds:
- Chooses its name
- Designs its logo
- Uses colors, shapes, and other visual elements in its products and promotions
- Crafts the language in its advertisements
- Trains employees to interact with customers
- Brand identity is the visible elements of a brand, such as color, design, and logo that identify and distinguish the brand in consumers’ minds.
- Consistent marketing and messaging lead to consistent brand identity and, therefore, consistent sales.
- Building a positive brand image can bring in consistent sales and make product roll-outs more successful.
- Building a positive, cohesive brand image requires analyzing the company and its market, and determining the company’s goals, customers, and message.
- Social media is a powerful driver of brand awareness.